This ad was in the December 2, 1862 The Louisville Daily Journal Newspaper. It is for a military goods store at 217 Third Street. Th proprietor – C.Proal – sold saddlery, harnesses, trunks, swords, Bowie knives, pistols, camp furniture, smoking pipes, etc.
The Kentucky International Convention Center assumes the place of the store today, just south of The Old Spaghetti Factory. Prowl’s store was barely one block south of Stoke’s military goods store.
This Civil War era manufactured saddle was on display in the Frazier History Museum a few years ago.